[FWDLK] Radio Modification Service Report

[FWDLK] Radio Modification Service Report

                       Good Morning List,

   A few weeks ago, fellow Listmember ForwardLook Frank posted that he was beginning a service of modifying  factory AM radios to accept signals from other devices, such as portable CD players.
I am his first customer, and I wanted to make this report.
    I sent Frank the "best-looking"  Model 860 radio I had accumulated over the 6 years I've spent restoring my 1959 Plymouth.. I had no idea if it even worked, but it appeared complete and undamaged.
    Frank went thru the entire radio, top to bottom. He cleaned everything thoroughly, replaced two burnt-out tubes, adjusted the tuner (reportedly it would only get 3 stations, now it gets 17), he buffed and polished the knobs, (even the case!), and did many other things to restore the looks and function of the original unit. He even replaced the clear plexiglas cover.
    He then added an input jack in the far rear corner (out of sight when installed in dash).  He added a remote toggle switch which changes input signal from regular AM radio to the CD player. (I will probably locate this switch low on the dash where it will be less obvious.) Having this switch, I  won't have to crawl under the dash to plug/unplug each time I want to switch from CD player to factory AM function.
He also installed an auxiliary power supply in the radio itself which runs the CD player, so I will never have to use or replace batteries in the CD player. The CD player I have has both AM and FM, so technically I never need the original AM radio, but I wanted it to work.
  I mailed the radio to him in a new cardboard box, with good  packing. He returned it to me in the same box, very well packed. He sent along a list of work performed, and  instructions on how to operate it.
To sum up, his work was neat, clean, and professional. For the price, this is a bargain! I urge any Members who have radios in need any of the aforementioned improvements to contact Frank. He will only accept and fix one radio at a time. His Email address is fwdlkfjw@xxxxxxxx.
Happy Holidays to All,
Roger Howard
Seattle