From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mike Sealey
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2001 6:38 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 56 Dodge Texan on Ebay

--- Greg and Colleen Filtz <filtz@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI group,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=599139812&;
r=0&t=0

> Usual "nothing to do with item" comment.

Hmmm. It's missing its emblems off the trunk lid. The
one '56 Texan I've seen not only had "Texan" script in
place of the "Coronet" script (which it looks like
this one still has) but had the same script in place
of the "Dodge" script on the trunklid as well. (I
believe all three emblems use the same holes. The CHP
'56 Dodges had "Dodge" script on the fin in place of
the "Coronet" script IIRC.)

Not trying to dog somebody's solid survivor, just
taking mental note of how hard those emblems would be
to find today. Are they even mentioned in the parts
book?

I assume the "318" is a 315, and as for the
"pushbutton Powerglide" I think we know what he meant
there too...

Is it true that the '56 Texan had the entry-level
D-500 engine as part of the package? I seem to
remember hearing from a list member who knew them well.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop