Re: [FWDLK] 413 engine

--- Stonewall Jackson <everett@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been looking for a 413 engine an have found
> one. Next problem, how do you figure out the year
> that it is.

Aluminum case TF means '62 or newer. E-brake drum on
the back of a 727 means '62 Chrysler/Imperial or
possibly '63 Imperial (I've heard different reports on
that).

There should be a code on the block on the passenger
side between the water pump and the passenger side
cylinder head (more or less). This should have year
and size codes.

413 passenger car year codes are as follows:

M = '59, P = '60, R = '61, S = '62, T = '63, V = '64,
A = '65. Codes other than this are most likely truck,
motor home or industrial.

A friend has a car with a "TV" date coded 361. I'm
guessing (although I don't know for sure) that the
engine was built in late '63 but installed in a '64
model. (It's not in one of those years now and we
don't know the prior history.)

The size code is the first two digits of engine size
in cubic inches, i.e., "41" for a 413, "36" for a 361,
etc.

My 300-K has "HP" stamped after its V41 code. I
understand that's a high performance designation (it
came from the factory with a hotter cam and some other
goodies). Probably other codes like this that I don't
know about.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban