Re: [FWDLK] '59 power brake bellows?

--- Ian Rubrey <ianrubrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anybody know of replacement power brake bellows
> to fit the '57 - '59 cars ?
> My friend has a '59 Fury coupe and the rubber
> bellows are all split which we think is the main
> cause of his brake problems.
> Any help would be appreciated.

This could be a case of "looks like" rather than "is",
but I seem to remember hearing someone saying Jaguar
Mk IIs used the same booster... ...this came up when
the underhood pics of the Russian Chaika cabrio-limo
were circulating last year (it also uses a similar
booster).

There are outfits in the US that rebuild the old ones,
but with Ian being in the UK and all it'd be worth
finding out whether these really do interchange.
(Probably still not a Halfords item, but still...)

Mike
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K, Day 4 of captivity