From: brian <xm2cars@xxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Very interesting "Dodge" ad on eBay
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 15:42:53 -0800

Hey guys let's not beat a dead horse collar to death!

The Edsel was a very good car - albeit an unusual design that unfortunately
was
introduced during a bad recession. The Edsel Club is a large one with many
devoted fans (like ours). The grille design was unique at the time and even
Packard used it as an inspiration on a special show car grille I believe
called
the "Request" followed by another called the "Predictor".

Brian
D500s in MI

Bill Watson wrote:

> You are right.  That car is as much a 1957 Dodge Peiper as the Edsel was
> runaway success!
>
> The car is really a 1958 Edsel Pacer.  How anyone could mistake that
horse
> collar grille for anything other than an Edsel is beyond me.  Obviously
the
> seller's knowledge of cars is next to none.
>
> Bill
> Vancouver, BC
>
> > I'm sure I'm not the only person who has seen this auction on eBay:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1059577520
> >
> > Now, I'm not the biggest car buff in the world, but I'm pretty sure
that's
> > an Edsel (and a 58 at that)...after all, is there anything else that
> really
> > looks like an Edsel (and thank god for that)?
> >
> > I sent the seller a message saying I thought it might be an
Edsel....or at