Re: [FWDLK] Wanted - Fargo hubcaps

The Canadian market Fargo truck used the same hubcap during the 1940's and
through to 1958.   It was a rounded hubcap with the Fargo globe in the
centre and "Fargo" across the 'equator'.  (Part # 1189 780, if you are
interested) Not sure about export markets, though.

Canadian market Dodge trucks used a similar cap that was blacked out where
the Fargo globe was and had "Dodge" across the centre.  (Part # 1196 827)
Both are actually very much like the Plymouth hubcaps of the 1946-1954
period, only with the emblem and name changed.  The same cap appears to have
been used on the export DeSoto Diplomat and Dodge Kingsway models, again
just changing the emblem/name.

There were two diameter hubcaps used in that period on the cars, though.  Up
to 1952 a 9½" unit was used, while a 10" unit was available from 1949.  Do
not know what diameter the Dodge/Fargo caps were, though.

At any rate, I will keep my eyes out for a Fargo cap.  I do come across them
once in a while.

Bill
Vancouver, BC