[FWDLK] OIL FILTER INTERCHANGE PART 3

Hello all,

Just a few more things on changing filters...My friends and I use to find
2 quart filters for our old 4x4's. The older trucks have more oil filter
room because they drop straight down. We were getting almost 7 and
a half quarts of oil in our stock 5 quart engines. I DON'T RECOMEND
DOING THIS KIND OF CHANGEOVER IF YOU HAVE A HIGH VOLUME
OIL PUMP, UNLESS YOU HAVE A RACING TYPE ( 8 QT.) OIL PAN !!
The filtering process is kind of slow..at high r.p.m.'s you can actually suck
all the oil from the pan before the engine has a chance to recover it.
Becareful when interchanging oil filters from old parts books, some heavy
equiptment and fleet vehicles have " spin-on" fuel filters also, and it might actually
fit your engine. " Big Trouble"
Just simply make sure it indicates that it is a oil filter, or ask...
PLEASE use some good sense and judgement.

Doug ' 58 Plymouth Miami Silver Special