From: Roger Howard <rhoward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] air conditioning
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:29:29 -0800

Hello Group,
 You all will tell me to buy an airconditoning manual, but such a creature
doesn't exist, according to the literature dealers.
I am setting up an a/c unit in a 59 Plymouth. There is a device called a
thermal switch, a.k.a.  freeze switch, which senses when the evaporator
coils are about to frost over and momentarily shuts off the a/c. The
thermal switch I bought NOS is a small metal box with two electrical
contacts sticking out of it. It also has a "capillary tube", a tiny copper
tube sticking out of it,  which serves as a probe. Please tell me what this
probe attaches to!
Roger Howard Seattle