[FWDLK] Savannah's Day Out

Most of the meanderings I've taken in the '55 Savoy have been in
Haddonfield, NJ and environs -- usually to test a repair, take it to the
shop, or some similar misadventure.  But today was different:  Savannah has
arrived at the point where she's actually roadworthy, if not much to look
at.  Today, we took a road trip to Glen Gardner on a visit to Nick Sperduto
at the famed "Hot Rod Ranch".

Nick is one of the more gracious and accomodating Forward Look folk you will
meet.  For an excellent price, I nabbed a hood from his '56 parts car in
swap for my beat-up bondo special.  The price included Nick's competent
installation (important when you are The World's Slowest Auto Mechanic).
And he threw in a full-circle horn ring in decent shape to boot!  Nick's
barn garage is an excellent workspace, complete with heat and compressed
air.

Over a cup of coffee, Nick showed me before, after and in-process pictures
of his beautiful '56 Savoy.  A lot of the before pictures look like
Savannah!  So, at least I have hope.

After good-byes, we headed home.  There was a lot more traffic now, and at
times I found the speedometer creeping up to 75.  The rebuilt Powerflow 6 is
true to it's name (with one minor oil leak problem, that I'll bring up in a
future email).

One-hundred and eighty miles round-trip!  An uneventful trip, and a
wonderful inaugural voyage for yet-another reclaimed Forward Look vehicle.

        Dan, TWSAM
        '55 Savoy