Re: [FWDLK] Two-tone factory painting process?

Re: [FWDLK] Two-tone factory painting process?

Dave -

If I understand correctly, the previous owner is the original owner.  Which
means he's probably in his 70s.  A lot can be forgotten in 40+ years since
he bought the car.  Is it different/duller/lighter on both fenders and the
hood, or just on one fender ?  Another possibility is that the car got
scratched even before it was sold and the dealership did a repaint in
lacquer, which dulls and lightens with age.  Check for signs of a repaint.
Remove the fender top mouldings to see what color is underneath.  Also look
underneath the bodyside mouldings.

Ron