[FWDLK] Harmonic Balancers

Only experience I have had with a harmonic balancer failing was on a '58 Plaza, flat-head 6/Powerflite, going down the road at about 45-50mph, when something goes shooting out from under the car.  Checked, and the harmonic balancer was missing - guess it separated at the rubber dampener.  Eventually got another dampener and sold the car to a man from Kentucky, Tennessee or West Virginia (can't remember).  Nice, 28k mile car, but being a Plaza 2 dr-sedan, very plain-Jane, robins-egg blue.

Certainly was an eye-opener losing the dampener while driving.

LARRY in Akron, Ohio