Re: [FWDLK] wiper question

--- John Bartell <jrbartell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I remember back to being a kid in the fifties,
> most older cars had vacuum wipers.   The few that
> did not...Chrysler Corp. cars... had electric, and
> they did not park themselves.   This modern
> convenience came along some time later.

What year did they fix that? I've owned a '50 DeSoto
and a '53 Plymouth and it seems to me they parked
themselves, as did wipers on my parents' '55 Custom
Royal and my '55 New Yorker and '56 Savoy, all of
which are much closer to the '56 Dodge in question...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chrysler 300-K 2dr Hardtop