[FWDLK] '57 Belvedere

Hello all! I just wanted to say thank you again to all who encouraged me to keep my car. In the past week I've managed to get the master cylinder repaired and the brakes working. I also bought the old girl her very own battery. Unfortunately, when my hubby tried to turn her over this time it fried the starter. So I spent the weekend tearing apart and repairing the starter. I had lots of help. It took 3 strong men to get one of the bolts loose. I suppose 45 years of road crust will gum things up a bit. As soon as we get the starter back on we will attempt to drive it again. I've been informed that I'm not allowed to be the first to test drive it. Matt says he wants to be certain it really will stop. I was a passenger in it once and I've waited 12 years to drive my car. You can bet if my better half fires it up I'll at least be a passenger again. Does anyone have a Belvedere that you've retrofitted with seatbelts? We have 3 kids so seatbelts are a must. Any helpful hints on this project are always welcome. I'm happy to say that we will very shortly be returning another beautiful classic to the road where she belongs. I'll post some pictures as soon as I figure out how to get them from my computer to the photo websight. Happy motoring.

-Matt & Leah Odom-