Re: [FWDLK] Belvedere's name

> It had always been my understanding that "belvedere" was Italian for
> "beautiful view". Perhaps its a different spelling.

It seems I triggered the "Fury" of the whole italian community on that one !
I have to say that 'Belvedere' is a word known in both italian and french.
It's no surprise, as italian and french are very close, and both derived
from medieval latin. Now, as I understand it, 'Belvedere' might be more
rooted in italian because each of its components ('Bel' and 'Vedere') are
still used in italian, where in french the only meaning it has is as a whole
word, meaning 'overlooking point of view', or 'overlooking beautiful view'
if you prefer.

Basta ! Avanti la macchina 'Forward Look' !

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html