[FWDLK] Stubborn coupling pin

Hi,

After removing the steering tube, my next step was to disassemble the
steering bar from the power steering linkage. But the stubborn coupling pin
would not let me. I don't want to murder the thing, because I don't want to
damage the bearings in the power steering unit by banging on the pin too
much. Soaked it in penetrating oil to no avail. Maybe it's time to drill it
?

Any other ideas before I put dynamite on the subject ?

Thanks.

Vincent Van Humbeeck (France, 120 miles north of Paris)
'58 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe

PS : The service manual is somehow incomplete on removing the steering
column. It avoids to tell you there's a clip retaining the steering bar at
the blinker assembly level. I must have sworn for a full 15 minutes before
seeing the naked truth. Maybe buying the '58 Dodge service manual would
somehow fill the holes ? Any comment on that ?

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html