From: "Stragand, Dave" <Dave.Stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Torqueflite Rebuild?
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:47:16 -0500

Hi All,

I'm planning on rebuilding (or having rebuilt) my Torqueflite in my 1958
Plymouth.  Fatsco offers the three kits listed below (haven't checked
Northwest transmission parts yet... so I don't know their prices).  Anybody
know the difference between a master, major, and overhaul kit?

Also, has anyone done their own rebuild?  I've read through the manual, and
with the exception of multiple special tools "required" (but are they?), it
doesn't look any more difficult than, say, a TH-350 trans.  Knowing that
I've tackled multiple complex projects on a variety of vehicles, would this
still be something that y'all might recommend I farm out to a pro?

Thanks in advance,

-Dave