[FWDLK] ENOUGH! Re: '58 DeSoto Adventurer

[FWDLK] ENOUGH! Re: '58 DeSoto Adventurer

Okay, I've f*&%ing had it.

Leslie, I am tired of your spamming the list with a
continuing assault on one of my best friends over
something that has not the least bit to do with you.

Okay. Nick has swung back and forth on whether or not
he wants to sell the Adventurer. Maybe we can find
fault with him for being wishywashy. But who among us
can honestly say he or she has not had 2nd thoughts
about letting one of our cherished cars go? And who
can say this factor would not multiply by quantum
measures if the cherished car was as rare as the
Adventurer?

The prospective buyer, while understandably being
disappointed, has shown class, grace, compassion and
limitless understanding throughout this aborted
transaction. You could learn a great deal from his
example. I also find it interesting that you have
never publicly attacked the other '58 Adventurer owner
that the prospective buyer has gone back & forth with
over nearly the same period of time as you have Nick.
Why is that?!?

And where does someone who refuses to sell a car to a
member of a DeSoto club he has had fallings out with,
for no other reason than the apparently mortal sin of
daring to belong to
that-DeSoto-club-that-Leslie-doesn't-like, come up
with the unmitigated gall to question anyone on
anything related to why a sale does or does not go
through?

I was privy to a lot of Nick's thought processes while
this deal was going on, and while I did not expect his
feet to get cold either he was able to explain himself
in a way that I could understand. He seems to have
reached this understanding with the prospective buyer
as well. NOBODY ELSE MATTERS. HE DOES NOT HAVE TO
JUSTIFY HIMSELF TO YOU. YOU ARE NOT INVOLVED DESPITE
YOUR ONGOING IRRATIONAL EFFORTS TO INVOLVE YOURSELF.

Do you think you are doing the prospective buyer a
service by airing laundry that is not yours? Do you
think you are creating goodwill toward the prospective
buyer with your attacks?

As I said before, the prospective buyer has conducted
himself as a true gentleman. I think he would be
ashamed and embarrassed to see the spectacle you have
made of yourself over a transaction THAT HAS NOTHING
TO DO WITH YOU. I know I would. I have to worry now
about whether I have embarrassed my friend for
sticking up for him. But I could not let your
insinuations go unanswered.

As for his alleged "use" of the deposit the
prospective buyer sent, it is my understanding that
that check was sent back uncashed. So your allegations
of Nick somehow scoring off some small amount of
interest he could have earned had he cashed this check
are groundless. Likewise your insinuation that Nick
seeking additional opinions on the value of his car is
somehow sinister.

Is there anything I can do to encourage your interest
in other non-Chrysler makes of cars?

Is there anything I can do to help you get a life?

Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
Proud friend of Nick Nichols for over 12 years!