Re: [FWDLK] How did I get it?

I saw a good one like this a couple of years ago
at a Mid-Ohio race track event weekend.  I like
to go for the weekend and camp nearby at the
Clear Fork Marina camping area.  I had my tent
up and was starting a fire when a car pulled in about
100 feet from me.  A guy and a good-looking gal
got out.  She stood there while he pulled their tent
and gear from the car's trunk, then he said something
about going to town to get beer.  He drove off.
She started to put their tent up and some guys walking
past stopped to help her. After a brief struggle, they
were finishing the outfit, when the original guy pulls
up.  He got out and thanked them (Not even offering
them a beer)  and they did double-takes at him, then
growled and walked away.  I think the couple planned
for it to happen that way.  Laughed all evening over that.

Tom                     1957 Dodge    southern Ohio

Hi all,I've had a few people ask how did I get the drum off. The answer is a funny story. Every time I had gone out to work on the drum, I had taken a man with me. I simply showed up on Monday with my 7 year old daughter instead and headed to the car to remove the drum. I no sooner got my hands dirty putting on the puller when a gentleman came up to the car and took over. Just like a good man should. He was very large and very strong. It soon became apparent that I was getting in his way, so I backed off and watched him work. I think a woman standing next to a car in the junkyard may be an "I need help" beacon. Pretty soon another man came over to the car. This guy is in the employ of the yard. They knew each other. Well, they sort of tag teamed that drum until it had to give up. Secretly, I think I loosened it up for them. Just kidding! So the answer to the question is; I didn't. Also, for inquiring minds, No heat was involved. I had visions of the whole yard going up in smoke because I was applying a little heat. So I chose not to try. Hope you found this amusing. Have a blessed day.Leah'57 Belvedere 4 dr. sedan'55 Belair 4 dr. sedan