From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Wayne Graefen
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 9:17 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Here's an interesting one - Let's think about this

When everyone is jumping off of a cliff, the builder of this car
will be among all those who follow.  He is reading lots of hot rod
magazines where over and over Camaro front clips were being
installed as a way to modernize suspension.

Granted, this guy does not know enough about auto suspensions or he
would recognize torsions bars as superior to Camaro / GM
engineering.  However, it is the way everyone is going!!

Lets analyze this.  How much of this is our fault as Mopar guys for
not getting our cars into magazines more often and not upgrading
some pre-57 Mopars (and non-Mopes) with torsion front ends to
demonstrate to the rest of the hobbyists the practicality and
functionality and superiority of what that '57 Dodge and all its
Mopar kin came with from the factory?  Donor cars like Volares are
plentiful and perfect for MANY potential swaps.

Unless we change some minds by setting the example, cheap and
available GM stuff will continue to be the answer and we will see
more Camaro clips in Forwardlook cars.  Can't wait for some 300F
convertible with a Camaro suspension clip to show up!

Wayne

Calendars are still available.  Don't miss the chance to get yours now!
Details for ordering may be found at:
http://www.forwardlook.net/calendar2002/index.html