Re: [FWDLK] 57 Plymouth hemi??

Regarding 392's in Plymouths:

While I was working at the Chrysler Central Engineering Carburetor Lab, one of the Student engineers (Tom Hoover) who was very interested in performance issues, installed a 392 in his '57 or '58 Plymouth Convertible, with parts gleaned from Engineering.  I don't remember if it was a Fury or not.

Being a Fury or not was immaterial, because it would have only been a transitory thing with Tom.  The engine was extremely "built" at least to C300 specs and beyond.  He wanted us to help a little bit with drivability so we took it for a ride, but he already had the performance part well covered.  (He scared the living daylights out of me, and I was a Test Driver!)

Ah, the good old days!!!!

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, Michigan