Re: [FWDLK] Riddle Me This...

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: fizzyj1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 22:04:21 EDT
I'll give this one a shot.  With the history you gave, It sounds like the shifter cable may have slipped out of the clip in the tranny. If it is not installed properly, It can work for one or two tries and then slip out..
It takes two people to get it in right, as someone else already said.

Is it possible the rerverse light and neutral  switch wires are crossed at the tranny? This wouild explain the reverse thing., See if the backup light comes on when you push the "R" with the key on

Have you tried using a remote starter switch to hot-wire the starter relay and once it starts, try the gears and see if they shift right?

Just some things I would do before tackling the shift cable.

Jon
58 Belvedere

--- End Message ---