Re: [FWDLK] Gold emblems

I had a small gold item for my instrument cluster redone a few years ago. New car dealerships will offer a service whereby the chrome letters and trim on a car can be gold plated for a fee. A local dealer gave me the phone number of the guy who does the gold plating. He did the part for me and it came out nice. I would imagine he couldn't deal with pitted parts so the item would have to be in pretty good shape, but it's worth a try.

I have two plated gold emblems on the rear fins of my 56 Dodge that have
seen better days.   I would like to have the pits taken out of them and
have them replated.   Has anyone had experience with who and what to
plate these?   I have dealt with rechroming but not re-golding.  Just
looking for suggestions