From: Mike Sealey [mailto:mopar2ya@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 2:28 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Leave It To Beaver/was ForwardLook sighting

--- Forward Look Frank <fwdlkfjw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Last night while watching TV land, Leave It To
> Beaver was on. Now, as we all know Ward Cleaver
> drove Mopars.

Depends on which season. The first couple of seasons
he drove a Ford, and every car in the show was a
FoMoCo product. I even think Fred Rutherford drove a
'58 Edsel but am not 100% sure about that. The MoPar
thing started in the '59 season (this was the same
time the closing credits started showing a '59 DeSoto
passing in front of Wally and the Beave as they walked
home from school). At this point IIRC all cars in the
series were MoPars until very late in the series when
Lumpy and Eddie got their own cars. (IIRC Lumpy had a
'39 or '40 Ford or Merc convert, and Eddie had a '53
Bel Air convert. Is this more trivia than you ever
wanted or what?)

> I thought he always had a '57-'58 DeSoto. Much to
> my surprise, Ward pulled in the driveway with a
> '59 Fury 4dr sedan.

>From '59 to '63, Ward got a new Fury every year. I
think some years were 4dr sedans and some were 4dr
Hts. Fred Rutherford was Ward's boss and had the
current year Dodge on the rare occasion I remember
seeing the Rutherford family car during the '59-'63
shows.

I can't believe I remember all this, and can't imagine
why I do...

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban