Re: [FWDLK] Battery Drain solved!

Thanks to all that responded to my battery drain question on my '59
DeSoto.  Well, it turned out to be something very simple, as sometimes
these things can be.  The radio doesn't work on the car, but sometimes I
turn it on hoping that it will magically go on.  The radio light doesn't
even go on.  Anyway, even with the ignition switch off the radio would
stay on if the knob wasn't turned off.  I guess somebody wired the radio
wrong at some point.  I found out by hooking up a test lamp between the
unhooked negative battery cable to the negative battery post and bingo,
the test light came on with the radio on even with the ignition switch
off.  Of course when I turned the radio off, the test light went off.

It seems that I would try turning the radio on more at night(lonely I
guess).  I figured the problem was related to turning the lights on, but
evidently it wasn't.  Thanks again to all.  Nick.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm