Re: [FWDLK] Hemi Commando?

Fellow Forwardlookers:

I have followed this thread for quite some time. Several years ago and now, a
new.

The Plymouths were built at Lynch Road in Detroit and assembled at other
plants including Los Angeles (Maywood-Bell) and also in Indiana. I know of NO
hemi engine ever being installed at the Lynch Road plant during the Forward
Look era.The chances of this being an original, assembly line job are nil!

There was a study done by a Chrysler engineer that would have Plymouth (with
a 392") duplicate the 1957 Dodge D501 (354") for racing purposes only. To
convert a 1957 Plymouth to install a 392 and have it pass any corporate
officer (read: lawyer) without changing a huge number of items including but
not limited to the frame, engine supports, suspension, brakes, wheels and
cooling is simply wishful thinking at best and pure poppycock at worst.

Since I have a copy of the original proposal to factory install a 392 hemi in
a Plymouth, I can assure all of you that the so-called urban legend is bunk!
Oh yes, the proposal was shot down very shortly after its presentation.

Wayne: If the man won't tell you or anyone the cars serial number, etc. then
he's hiding something he knows about -- it's not what he claims or wants us
to believe he claims... He just loves the talk! And, can't do the walk!

Sherwood Kahlenberg

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm