[FWDLK] DeLurk

Been sandbagging here for a few months, sitting back and learning ALOT
about these FL cars. You didn't know it, but without the list and its
members, and the info I've found thru the website, my latest project car
would have probably ended up at the crusher instead.
 I am a Mopar guy, thru and thru, never bought any other kind (though
I've taken a few GM freebies, and had a few F*ord company vehicles), but
for the most part they have been either muscle cars, or daily drivers.
 So far I've had or still have a 67 Charger, a 68 Charger, a 68 Valiant,
a 70 Challenger, a 70 Dart, a rather awesome 78 440 powered Ramcharger,
a 85 Ramcharger, a 88 Omni, a 90 Acclaim, and a 94 Lebaron.
But all those cars, and the closest I had ever come to a finned car was
the 67 Charger. That changed this spring, when a friend, and fellow
Mopar collector, called and told me he had a car I might want. He said
"its ugly enough that you should like it" (a ref. to my 67, I guess).
Another friend had bought it 2 yrs ago, had it towed to my friend's
place (I guess he had no place to work on it) spent all of 1 day working
on it, then gave up and left it sitting there for the next 2 yrs. My
friend was tired of looking at it, if I didn't take it, it was going to
get crushed.
 So, that's how I became the proud(?) owner of my 1st FL car, a '59 4 dr
Saratoga.
Right now, it looks pretty butt-ugly, but its ready fairly solid for a
car that has, best as I can tell, been sitting outside unloved for the
last 15yrs or more. The motor was seized when I got it, and even though
it now turns over after a few months of soaking the cylinders with
marvel mystery oil, I'm gonna pull the motor out and apart and have a
look. It cranks real slow, and I'm not totally sure if the starter is
weak, or the motor is just that tight.
 I know the car is about the least desirable FL car out there, so I
don't feel too bad restoring it as a mild custom. I don't plan to really
butcher anything that is still good, but if its got to be replaced
anyway.... safer, more reliable or cooler will win out over OEM.
I will of course be at C@C (just looking for different stuff then other
years!) probably just for Sat, gawking at all your finished cars. I hope
to at least have my car driveable in time for Lead East
(www.oldiesnostalgia.com), which my club will be working at (hey, that's
one way to get in for free!).
 Just wanted to thank all of you for all the info you unknowingly
provided me over the last few months. Without the info I've found here,
I probably would have allowed this car to go to the boneyard (ok, maybe
not, but I sure wouldn't have 1/2 a clue about how to fix it!).
         Chris

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm