[FWDLK] Manifold Tightening sequence

Ok, so I'm ready to put my manifold back on the 56 Savoy 6cyl. The questions
is.
Do I bolt and tighten the bolts that hold the manifold together, then
bolt/tighten it to the block. or
do I tighten it to the block and then tighten the bolts that hold it
together.

Reason I'm asking is I just changed my exhaust manifold (to a different one,
the original was cracked)
So I wound up with exhaust leaks, upon inspection, the gasket blew out
between the exhaust and intak manifolds, the bolts were tight, but the
manifolds were not tight together, So I'm assuming I need shorter bolts. I
also had exhaust leaking around the top of one of the exhaust ports. My
father thinks I should leave the center bolts loose, tighten it to the block
, then tighten the bolts that hold the manifold together.

Any suggestions.

Nick

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm