Re: [FWDLK] Tulsa 2007

Hello All,

I have been discussing this car with a friend of mine who is a mortician.  She has the unfortunate task of having to be present when a body is exhumed in this part of the world.  If you study the photos on the website you will notice that they placed the car in a cement box and then ‘sealed’ it with a square, as in not rounded corners, concrete slab.  This is also the way that they did burials in that time frame.  From the 50’s through the early 60’s they would place a cement box in the ground, place the casket in it, and then ‘seal’ it with a squared off concrete slab.  My friend has been present at many exhumations and at side-by-side burials, i.e. the spouse died in 1950 something and the widow hung on until the 80’s, and without exception, when these are dug up, they are found to have collapsed into themselves and allowed water, bugs, etc. in.  They rarely find much in the line of remains, just bones, jewelry, small fragments of me!
tal, etc.  Apparently, the design flaw is the square corner.  When you place the weight on the lid, it concentrates it on the corners of the box; they can’t spread the load the lip of the box.  So they crack from the corners toward the center and the center collapses.  This is why the funeral industry switched to the current method in the late 60’s.  This is where the place a slab in the ground, place the casket on it and then place the box over the casket.  This is the burial vault.  From her experience she has never seen one of these fail in this manner.

So where does this lead us?  In all likelihood the same fate has befallen the Fury.  The lid would have long since collapsed into the car, and due to water, bugs, etc., there probably is not much left.  She has been present at two burials where cars had been buried and both cars where completely gone.  Just rubber and plastic left.
I hope she is wrong, but it sure will be fun to find out!

Just my pennies,
Chargin’Charles.