Re: [FWDLK] VIN Tag

Actually, - isn't it a crime (felony?) just to REMOVE a VIN tag?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2002 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] VIN Tag

In a message dated 8/3/02 1:20:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time, res0yrt1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

the owner makes money on the auction and still has committed a federal crime...

I think not. The seller said
, "For nostalgia only." No law against that. Just like selling a gun, it is how it is used that might be unlawful. I could collect vin tags (I don't) and hang them on my walls and that would not break any laws that I know of.
       <>Roy<>

 4-55 Firedome HT: ----
1- daily driver,  1- being restored,  2- parts cars
  1-55 Fireflite HT: ---
Wife's car
  1-56 Chry HT & 1-56 DeSoto HT: = 1- Custom
(in progress)
  1-55 Chry Imperial 4 door
(parts car)

1-56 Fireflite 4 door (parts Car)