[FWDLK] Mopar on the move

Sold off my duplicate 55 NY StRegis hardtop and the enclosed car hauler came
to pick it up for the trip to its new owner in Connecticut on Monday.

What a day!!!

The carrier showed up at 11 in the morning and left around 8 in the evening
and was working to rearrange his load to get all the cars in the whole time.
Comedy of errors all day it seemed but the 55 got on safely in the end.
Ferrari got small hole punched in front fender though.

Was delighted when he open the trailer to find the back end of a 58 Imperial
smiling at me.  Imperial Convertible no less.   Original owners 70 year old
daughter is moving from Oregon to Connecticut and was having it trailered.
Sure it wouldn't make the trip by itself although it ran ok but was pretty
tired.  Had been sitting outside in Oregon and had lots of rust poorly
repaired over the years but passed the 25 foot test pretty well.   Dripping
tranny fluid all the time and got parked over a 50 or so MG which had
plastic on it at least.

MY 55 sure looked great next to it though and they made a neat pair.  the
guy had to pick up a 69 Charger also before heading east.  Amazing to see so
many Mopars on an enclosed trailer.

As luck would have it Bob Hoffmeister , my friendly local Imperial
dismantler, and his son stopped by in the middle of the project and got to
drool over the 58.  He thought I had bought it at first but then we had to
hold him off so the car stayed complete.  Actually most parts needed
replacing and bob had lots of the parts available but I bet it will be a
long time till it gets any help.

Made a long but interesting day with all of the mopars on the trailer

Look for some new Mopars in Connecticut this weekend!!

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm