Re: [FWDLK] Woodward Dream Cruise

In a message dated 8/18/02 9:21:07 AM Central Daylight Time, JLSAVARD@xxxxxxx
writes:

<<
 We went to the main day of the Woodward Dream Cruise yesterday, and of the
 thousands upon thousands of cars on the street, I saw less than 10 FWDLK
 cars.

Joe,  My wife and I started walking at 9:45am and walked until 5:00.  We saw
lots of MoPars and quite a number of FWDLKs.  Not alot of pristine ones but
probably more 57-59 Dodges than anything else.  On a Monday night pre cruise
ride down Woodward we had a 57 Plymouth police car come up behind us and pull
off at Duggan's north of 13 mile. It was complete with operating siren and
lights which the  driver had on.  It was great. Didn't see it on Cruise day
but I'm sure someone did.  But yesterday we pulled off at Normandine which is
13 1/2 mile and saw a nice Bevedere 2 door hardtop.  Didn't see any Fury's
but that doesn't mean there weren't any.  At the Chrysler display at 13 mile
the WPC Museum had the 57 low mileage Belevdere on display.  No 57-58 300's
but I guess that is my fault.  I left my Exners in the Garage so I could
enjoy the other cars.  I believe if you sit in one spot, around 14 mile and
watch all day you will see one of everything.  I even saw a KaiserDarrin.  I
saw a late 40's garbage truck which I haven't seen since the 50's go by.
Even the UPS delivery truck had extensive flame treatment on it.  Everyone
got into the act.  If I may get emotional for everyone it is a testament to
the great country we live in to be able to display such a fondness for the
art of the automobile and our devotion to the American brands.  Again a
personal note...I was glad the other than euro sports cars and Luxury cars it
was mostly AMERICAN in content!  I would go again today if it was held.

Marv Raguse reporting on Woodward....The first concrete paved road in the
U.S.

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm