Re: [FWDLK] '59 Dodge kingsway upholstery

Re: [FWDLK] '59 Dodge kingsway upholstery

Being a 1959 edition of the Kingsway Custom, it would the equivalent of the
Plymouth Fury.   In 1959 Plymouth dropped the bottom line Plaza, pushed the
other three series down a notch, and added the Sport Fury at the top.

So ...
Kingsway  = Savoy
Kingsway Deluxe = Belvedere
Kingsway Custom = Fury
Kingsway Lancer  = Sport Fury

The Canadian market Dodge came as Regent, Mayfair and Viscount, and did not
have a Sport Fury version as the Sport Fury was not built in Canada.

Although I have not photos of the interiors, I do have the brochures for the
American Plymouth which has a photo of the front seat and part of the front
door panel.   The Canadian brochures for the Plymouth and Dodge have
illustrations of the interiors and door panels of the Fury and Viscount,
although both 2-door hardtops.   If these are of any use, let me know and I
can scan them for you.

Bill
Vancouver, BC

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm