Re: [FWDLK] Painted Stainless

Dan,
I would try painting it over with brake fluid first, brake fluid will
dissolve most types of paint, and won't harm the metal.

Mike

At 04:57 PM 9/1/2002 -0400, Dan Morton wrote:
The former owner of my car thought it an improvement, to paint some of the
stainless steel -- notably the grillework -- with silver paint.  Having
disassembled the grillework, I've set it aside as a winter project.  Now I'm
wondering:  What's the best way to remove the paint?  Am I likely to harm it
in any way, if I use a chemical stripper?

        adTHANKSvance,
        Dan
        '55 Savoy

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Need an answer fast? Search the 17,000+ pages of the Forward Look Mailing List archives at

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm