[FWDLK] Focussing On The Stern

Holy smoley, Al, how do you find stuff as useful as that rear-end
swap article? (For those who didn't see Al Toews's post, he
wrote:
"Some questions surfaced awhile back regarding rear end swaps.
There is a very comprehensive website at:
http://www.autohobbydigest.com/8_75.html";), and that's one of the
biggest understatements I've seen in a long time!  I wish I had
known about that when I was trying to figure out why the rear
wheel cylinders for a 58 NY wouldn't fit on my 58 NY Wagon. Hmmmm

Dave's attempt to fix up the tailgate window on his 55 Windsor
Wagon reminds me that the mechanic who worked on my car tried his
best to Mickey Mouse the tailgate internal bits, but the rods and
clips all sprung apart on the first attempt to operate the gate.
Now, nobody knows what is connected to what, what clips are
missing, nor where anything goes. I'm tempted to buy a complete
tailgate, just to figure out what's what. So, Dave, I hope you
took some pictures before you disconnected anything, and maybe
you can help put other tailgates back into ship-shape condition.

That's the report from the stern. How are things up front? Are we
there yet?

Dick Woodside
58 NY T&C, with a possibly swapped over axle and a broken
Tinker-Toy set inside the tailgate
(hey, what's going on back there?)

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm