[FWDLK] New member

Hi all,

My name is Jim Hoekendijk. I live in a place called Apeldoorn which is in the Netherlands, Europe.
I'm 43 years of age, happily married and a proud father of three lovely daughters in the age of 6, 8 and 11. And a little dog.
But offcourse you all are interested in cars!

I've been on the list before. When I was trying to purchase a 1959 Dodge Custom Royal. Some of you were a great help then and because of all the info you gave me, I decided not to buy that specific car. It was not an original D-500 and thus way to expensive. BTW, it is still for sale.
Ron Waters helped me a great deal back then, about a year ago. Like i.e. translating the data plate. Thanks again Ron!

My brother has a 1959 Coronet 2dr Lancer, a mutual friend has a 1958 Coronet 2dr Lancer D-500. We thought it would be nice if I had a 1957 instead of a 1959 which I prefered before. Since this time I am on the look out for a 1957 2dr Lancer, doesn't have to be a D-500.

So now I am in the proces of buying a 1957 Dodge.
Just untill last weekend I was busy with a Custom Royal.
However, this one proved to be a great disappointment for me. Looked good on photo but really was rusty all over, incorrect, incomplete and also had damage all over. It comes originally from Canada.

Happily now I have another prospect, a Royal D-500. Offcourse there are not all to many around here in The Netherlands.
Coming Sunday I will be going to see this car for the first time. I'm told by people who've seen it that this one is worth it...

Up until now Brad Werner was a great help for me, he provided me with a great lot of info and what to watch out for.

After I have visited this new prospect, I will let you know...

Sincerely,
Jim Hoekendijk