[FWDLK] Knock, Knock, who's there.

Ok, here's the whole ugly story. I have a 56 Savoy with the 6cyl. Probably
close to 100k on the motor.
I had it out last winter and everything inside looked great and I put it
back in.

A couple months ago I drove the car way too hard up the highway for an
extended period, probably a half hour at 75 mph. When I got off the ramp and
came into town, the oil pressure light was flickering at idle.

Anyway, it's not a couple months later (after I've fixed the loud exhaust
leaks I had) I believe I have a knock in the motor. I had two other people
listen to it and we do here something, but not 100% sure what.

IT happens in the higher revs, just before the 1-2 shift and if I drop it
into passing gear and wind it up some, you can here engine noise. It will
also happen around 50 mph in second gear(but not as loud).
 It happens only when the car is warm and being driven under a load. I can't
duplicate it at idle or order a brake lock load.

The only scenario I can come up with is that in the heat/hard driving, the
oil thinned out and I starved a bearing for oil.
My next step was going to be to pull the motor, pull the pan, drop some caps
and look at the bearings.

Anyone with any other suggestions.

Thanks,
Nick