Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 21 Sep 2002 to 22 Sep 2002

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 21 Sep 2002 to 22 Sep 2002 (#2002-264)

Hi Bill (+ others) -

My understanding is that the 57-9 quarter panels that
are being reproduced are designed to work for Dodge,
Desoto and Chrysler. The wheel well openings are
supposed to be the same for those three models, while
the area ahead of the wheel well opening is longer for
the Desoto and Chrysler.  The thinking was that this
area can be cut down for those of us working on Dodges.
There is no 'lip' that wraps around by the rear edge of
the door, or where the quarter panel overlaps the rocker
area. The dies for these panels were made from NOS
quarters and are of a very high quality.

Ron

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm