[FWDLK] Oil all over

Group,

Time to change the oil and prep for winter again... sigh.
I have a question.   When I change the oil on the 56 Dodge, the opening in the pan is so large that the oil comes out like it was rushing over hoover dam.   What suggestions do you have as to how this could be done with less mess.   My modern cars seem to have less of an opening and the oil doesn't rush out like that.

Thanks in advance for the advise.
Greg in WI
1956 Dodge Royal Lancer

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm