Re: [FWDLK] ebay Quasi-Cheaters

I just lost out on a Haynes manual for a TR7 listed on ebay.
I lost by 25 cents.
Why?
There was no bid on it except mine. I thought I had a good deal.
AT the last minute, someone offered 25 cents more than my bid.
I would have offered more, but thought it was no contest. I also
checked in to see what was the status, but the pacific time fooled
me and I thought there was time left, if  I  needed to bid again.
That's why I don't like last second bidders.
I doubt he really offered his amount as the amount he was willing
to pay, of course. Just enough to win.  25 cents.     crap.

Tom                      1957 Coronet in southern Ohio

"Joseph Paolucci Jr." wrote:

Sometimes the bidding works both ways.  I have bought and sold stuff much cheaper than expected. Even if you pay a little more than you would have at a swap meet,  don't forget how many swap meets you have been to trying to find that part and how much you spent on gas and food.  I know the hunt is part of the fun.  But when you get older (more matured) it's not as easy to get down on your knees and  rummage through those old boxes of parts in the rain.