[FWDLK] introduction and questions

Hi everyone.  I am new here.  I just purchased a 1958 Dodge Coronet (it was
the one on ebay that was in Huntington, IN).  I drove it home to
Northeastern PA (north of Scranton) which is about a 12 hour drive.  It ran
well the whole drive, but developed a massive oil leak about 20 miles from
where I picked it up(went through 10 quarts of oil during the drive, most of
which is all over the back of the car).  I believe it is a rear main seal,
but haven't gotten to inspect it too closely yet.  If this is the case, is
it hard to find the part?  Can I get it from a regular autoparts store, is
there something that will retrofit?  Sorry for the simplistic questions, but
I am new to this.
I am very excited about getting the car.  I did pay much more than I wanted
to for it, but it is the year and model I wanted and I got tired of looking
for one priced cheaper.  I am really looking forward to fixing it up and
taking it to car shows and cruises.
Well, thanks,
Tina

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm