[FWDLK] Transmission Fluid

Hello, All,

I have a question that I am certain has been asked and answered before, but I can't dig a reliable answer out of my records.

I am changing engines in my Chrysler.  The donor engine/transmission is a 1959 Saratoga 383 with a cast iron torqueflite.  I believe that the original fluid is type "A", which is no longer available.  Can you suggest a suitable substitute?

Thanks to all,

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI