Re: [FWDLK] Paint Color Codes

Joe, check out this site.  It's the best I've seen for paint chips.  You
will want to choose "Chrysler" of course, then select "view makes".  You'll
like it!

http://autocolorlibrary.com/

Ed Petrus
'57 Firedome sedan
'57 Fireflite sedan

At 11:34 PM 10/24/2002 -0400, JLSAVARD@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello, all,

From time to time I have seen references to paint codes, color chips, et
al on these lists.  I never paid too much attention because paint was a
subject that seemed way off in the future as far as my car was concerned.

To coin a (Para)phrase: "Suddenly It's 1957"!!

My engine is being redone by the same shop that will be painting the car,
and they've told me they'd like to do the engine bay while they have the
engine out of the car.  It makes sense, but instead of researching paint
color next spring, I need to do it NOW!

All I know is that it is a 1957 Chrysler Saratoga with a metallic
chocolate brown top and inserts and a pink or coral body.  The "PNT" code
on the body plate is "NMN".

Would any of you be able to help me translate this cryptic information
into a formula that the body man can use to order paint color?

Thanks,

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Need an answer fast? Search the 17,000+ pages of the Forward Look Mailing List archives at

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm