[FWDLK] Headliner bows

Ok folks, awhile back I had addressed the list about having the plastic
headliner bow covers reproduced for us folks who need them........Small
problem however, I need a small sample for duplication. Just a 6 or 8 inch
piece off a 57/58 Plymouth will do. I have some samples from other vehicles
of that era, and I think they all may be the same, or close to it, which
would make the cost come way down if they fit a wide array of vehicles. I may
have found someone to take it on the plastic fabrication, the biggest
stumbling block is the chrome look they have imbedded in the plastic. I have
been told that it's called "vacuum metallizing", something the manufactures
did on interior plastic. No one on the planet reproduces this process at the
moment. I did contact and talk to a gentleman who is chroming plastic as well
as playing around with putting a mirror finish on the back of interior
plastic pieces, which he has not yet perfected but is still in the process of
working on.
So the question is; would the people who need the pieces be willing to go the
chrome route, the mirror route or just plain plastic?
In any case, I'd be interested in everyone's comments..........thanks.....
Mike Barrett
57 & 58 Plymouth Belvedere's
Vacaville, Ca

http://www.forwardlook.net/search.htm