Re: [FWDLK] Broken Fan Pulley

Once had the pulley seperate in a VW beatle.  Just fatigue I guess. maybe the belts have been too tight?

 fins59 <fins59@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Today, driving down the freeway in my 59 Ply Sport Fury, heard a strange noise, short time later temp guage started rising, started to smell coolant. Pulled over to check under hood -  fan pulley was actually broken off of fan pulley hub and wedged up against water pump housing. Let car cool down and limped it back home about a mile. Tonite took her apart.  I thought water pump had seized but impeller turns freely.  Fans 4 bolts were tight. Generator was tight. Can't figure it out. Going to steal the pulley off my parts car and get a new water pump tomorrow.  Wondering if this happened to anybody else????   Kind of ironic, because just this morning, dropped my boys Dodge Daytona off at neighborhood mechanic to get his water pump replaced. I can't work on those side-ways engines.  And tonite, went out for pizza in my trusty Plymouth Reliant - on way home brake lite came on - pedal goes to floor - discover! ed leaking brake line.  Shoulda stayed in bed. And I'm not going to mention snow, John B, last time I did we got 8 inches the next day.

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now