[FWDLK] answer: JC Whitney's & '57-8 Plymouth trim

This was the guys answer. I've met him at Carlisle, was a nice guy, he's been driving and racing mopars since the 50's. He makes his living as an elvis illusionist.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #1872770966

You ask for the Mopar number of the gold side strip. I have a number but I don't believe it is a Mopar number. I don't believe experimental things get a number? I believe it get a permanent number when it is put into production. I couldn't find it in any of my books so I got in touch with the Corporation Historian. ( However that was 20 years ago, when you could just call Chrysler and talk to someone in that Dept. You can't do that today. Today your luck if you can get a human instead of a computer.) I have collected Chrysler high performance cars since 1957 and specialized in 56-57-58 Furys, Dodges D 500s, DeSoto Adventures, and Chrysler 300s. I have not only bought and collected these cars I have raced them at different drag strips all over the East coast. I would like to find a 57 or 58 4dr hardtop and change it into a Fury. I know all the sources for interior fabric and optional parts.  However I have too many other projects going on to do that. I have had this Gold for almost 20 years, so you probably guessed I didn't plan on selling it. So one day I said why am I keeping it?
Hello E bay. By the way I got the Gold from the stock of Nissley Motors, Chrysler-Plymouth Dealer in Middletown, Penna. Nissley Motors went out of business about 20 years ago.
                                             I am NOT a dealer just a collector.
               Ron Swartley
               Harrisburg,Penna