[FWDLK] 1957-58 Chrysler - K&N E-1250 air filter

[FWDLK] 1957-58 Chrysler - K&N E-1250 air filter

Now, this K&N E-1250 air filter, that is said to be for 57
D500, 57 & 58 NY and 57 & 58 DeSoto hemis, having the
"Dodge-style" air cleaner, is this the same as the oval
filter that goes by Mopar part number 1739 546, or Fram
CA-161PL, or Hastings AF-2?  In my 1958 Parts List, there
are a number of air filter part numbers.

And is the oval air filter for a single air cleaner housing
the same as the oval filters for the dual air cleaner
housings, on dual carb cars?

Third question: what is the "Dodge-style" air cleaner? How
does it differ from the single air cleaner housing on my 58
NY?

Finally, I have to ask whether anybody else shares my view
about K&N air filters. I have four or five different cars
running with K&N air filters (tend to be the larger engines
in my garage) and I cannot detect any difference in
performance, economy or any other aspect of operation, other
than the fact that when they eventually get dirty, it will
be more hassle to clean them, than it was to simply toss out
their $15 predecessors.

Dick Woodside