Re: [FWDLK] 56 Plodge website update(more pictures)

Re: [FWDLK] 56 Plodge website update(more pictures)

I am going to be cutting the frame, probably just behind the A-arm mounts and adding a couple of pieces of rectangular tubing to mount a Diplomat/Caravelle front suspension.  That set up includes mounts for the 360 V*.  By my tape measure calculations with the front spindles in the proper place the engine should fit in with the same clearances I have with the stock 6. If you want to leave the frame stock a motor plate may be the way to go on these.

Regards your comment about a Dodge butt end, well, I like the Plodge because of the 115 inch wheelbase. It has about a 300 or so pound weight advantage over the 120 inch Dodge chassis.  I am hoping mine will top out at about 3150 lbs with the changes I am making. I haven't decided about a shifter yet. I may put in a newer collapsible column.  If I go floor shifter I like the B&M Star shifter as its cable operated and you don't have to cut a hole in the floor.  Its much easier to control the sound with them. Mine was a three on the tree orginally.

 Scott H <kneedrager@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey Marty it is looking good!
I am doing a similar swap, any info you can provide on the motor mount setup
that you used would be helpful.
Did you retain the pushbuttons or g owith a floor shifter for the trans.

Thanks,

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer