[FWDLK] 2003 Calendar Dates - Plymouth Cross-Country Tour

[FWDLK] 2003 Calendar Dates - Plymouth Cross-Country Tour

Here's a big event scheduled next year by the Plymouth Owners Club.  In celebration of the Plymouth
marque's 75th anniversary, a cross-country tour will be held.  The 15-day tour is scheduled to begin
on 07/12/03 in Plymouth, MA and end on 07/26/03 in Newport, OR.  See the itinerary below:

-------
FINAL SCHEDULE (to be published in the Nov.-Dec. '02 issue of the club's "Plymouth Bulletin")
Fri 7-11-02 in Middleboro, MA (kick-off festivities in Plymouth)
Sat 7-12-02 in Matamoras, PA  (depart from Plymouth; first tour day destination)
Sun 7-13-02 in Gettysburg, PA
Mon 7-14-02 in East Liverpool, OH
Tues 7-15-02 in Auburn, IN
Wed 7-16-02 in Geneva, IL
Thurs 7-17-02 in Clinton, IA
Fri 7-18-02 in Blair, NE
Sat 7-19-02 in Ogallala, NE
Sun 7-20-02 in Casper, WY
Mon 7-21-02 in Cody, WY
Tues 7-22-02 in West Yellowstone, ID
Wed 7-23-02 in Missoula, MT
Thurs 7-24-02 in Walla Walla, WA
Fri 7-25-02 in Troutdale, OR
Sat 7-26-02 in Newport, OR
(schedule information from mag. editor, Lanny Knutson)
-------

It will be a slow-paced tour to help encourage participation of the earliest vintage Plymouths.  A
small distance will be covered each day (on the order of a couple hundred miles or so per day, with
a couple shorter-distance exceptions).  The drivers of more "modern" Plymouths (such as the Forward
Look beauties) can choose to putter along with the "older" cars, or take a higher-speed route.  The
tour will be roughly based on US Highways 20 and 30 but will probably have various excursions off
those main paths.  With the understanding that not all particpants can afford taking off from work
the 2-week period (plus pre- and post-event travel time), folks can join/leave the tour as they are
able.

Details are still being worked out by the club officers and regions.  But hopefully this is enough
information for those of you who might want to start planning on participating.  If you're not a
Plymouth Club member and would like details as they are made availabe, you can contact me and I'll
try to keep you up to date.  I don't claim to be the Authority of the tour, am just helping to
promote it.

I sure hope there are a healthy representation of Plymouth Exner-mobiles in the tour!

Jason Rogers
'55 Belvedere

http://www.peoplepc.com