[FWDLK] More '56 Poly Questions

HI, folks,
I tried the archives but couldn't find the thread I was looking for.  Today I spent some time under the hood of the '56 looking for serial numbers.  Thought the group had discussed this recently, but if they did, I failed to save it.

My engine, which I was told by the previous owner is a 277 c.i. V8 , has numbers stamped on the intake manifold and the block.  The paint is the expected silver with red air cleaner.  Trouble is, I can't remember where to look on block for the number that confirms the displacement.  The number on the front, left (facing the firewall) is not too legible, but appears to be "1610728"  No letters that I can make out.  The number on the manifold is "1630944".  The carburator has a glass fuel filter with "Carter" embossed  on the top, and the tag on the carburator is numbered "2409SA".

The generator is an Autolite that says "Chrysler Corporation" on the data plate (maybe original equipment?)  The odometer say 88,000 and from the wear on the brake pedal and the way the car drives I'm wondering if it might be correct.

If any of this data suggests anything about the originality/ size of what's under the hood I would welcome a response.  Thanks to all who advised me on the oil pressure situation. I am going to try different things to see if it improves.  I bought some 20W-50 oil this weekend.  When it warms up a little I'll change the oil and if that doesn't work, then I know I'll be looking at spending some bucks on the engine.  It starts up fine, and runs quiet.  No knocking, no smoking.  Not much power though.  Maybe the carb needs an overhaul?  Sorry for the rambling nature of this message.  Just looking for some thoughts from the "gurus."

Bob McGrath