Re: [FWDLK] Nathan - New to Forward-Look

Re: [FWDLK] Nathan - New to Forward-Look

Good to have another 56er around.  The 56 frame and track is not to narrow.  Its more like too wide for the Mustang.  The frame flares out a lot to mount the stock coils.  I am in the process of putting a Volare Clip into mine.  This involves cutting the front of the frame off and making up a new section.  I think there are some Mustang crossmembers but I would bet it is just as involved. Some people use the AAJ kit to put on G.M. front discs.  There is a link to their web page in the Forward look page.  I have a little web site with some pictures of what I am doing.  My car is a Canadian Dodge but the frame is identical to the Plymouth.  http://members.shaw.ca/puh/   I am trying to make my car all Mopar just because, it would be easier to mix and match though.

 Nathan Nuttall <nnuttall@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I am new to the Forward-look mailing list.

I have always been a big mopar fan. I obtained a Chrysler 392 Hemi from a
large '57 Dodge dump truck when I was 15, rebuilt and installed it into a
'68 Cuda by the time I turned 18. Eight years later, I turned to the dark
side and began messing with a '56 Chevy suburban, a '63 Nova wagon, a '68
Camaro and even darker - a '64 VW bug. However, I still have the Cuda and
the motor is still running strong, but now, 18 years later, I want to put
the Hemi into a 2-door '56 Plymouth wagon or coupe - I haven't decided which
yet. I plan to keep the body stock, except to move the bumpers in closer to
the body and any mods I might need to accept plenty of tread on the road.
The drivetrain will have a standard (w/overdrive?) trans with a 9 inch Ford
rear. I am especially interested in finding out what I can do ! to improve the
handling and braking performance of these cars. I have heard that they are
too narrow to accept a typical Mustang II front end. I haven't yet purchased
my car, but I know that good things come to those who wait. I am very
pleased with the resurgence of interest in the old hemis. Back in the mid
eighties it was a lot harder to get any new parts for them than it is today.
I take pride in the fact that I have never purchased a car newer than 1968
except to immediately part out.

Nathan Nuttall
Castaic, CA - Just North of Los Angeles

2003 Calendar voting results and ordering information is online! Please visit:

Do you Yahoo!?